Vegetable Cookies?! A delicious breakfast cookie recipe, packed full of healthy oats, carrots, apples and banana. Great for picky eaters!
- 2 cups / 150g whole wheat flour
- 1 cup / 100g rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup / 50g coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup / 60g honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup / 80g grated carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 1 cup / 80g grated apple (1 medium apple)
- 1 medium banana
- Optional: 1/3 cup / 50g – chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 f/ 180 c . Line a cookie sheet with grease-proof paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate smaller bowl beat the egg. Add the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract and stir well. Add this mixture to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the grated carrot, grated apple and mashed banana and again stir until everything is well mixed together. If using the chocolate chips, add now.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch sized balls. The dough should make approximately 20 balls. Place each on the cookie sheet and press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.