Use up leftover mashed potato and vegetables by turning them into Bubble & Squeak Fritters!
- 1 courgette
- 3 cups mashed potato
- 2 cups cooked vegetables (I used carrots and parsnips)
- 4 tbsp flour (can use gluten free)
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil or butter for cooking
- creme fraiche and spring onions to garnish
- Grate the courgette and press between several sheets of kitchen paper to remove as much water as possible..
- Place the grated courgette in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well until everything has combined.
- Heat oil or butter in a frying pan and add a large spoonful of the mixture to the pan. Flatten into a roundish fritter shape about 1/2 inch thick. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. You will need to fry the fritters in batches, depending on how big your frying pan is. I was able to fry 4 at a time in mine.
- Serve warm with a dollop of creme fraiche and some chopped spring onions.