An easy, nutritious and kid-friendly pasta pesto recipe made with super healthy broccoli! Nut free too!
- 250g broccoli
- 50g grated parmesan
- 150ml olive oil
- 3 large / 5 small basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli until it’s tender enough to stick a knife through the stalks.
- Add the broccoli to a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blitz until smooth.
- To make pesto pasta simply mix a few spoons of the pesto with cooked pasta.
- Alternatively the pesto can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.