Pizza for breakfast that’s delicious AND healthy! Try this Wholemeal Pizza recipe topped with pesto, mozzarella and quail eggs.
- For the base:
- wholemeal pizza dough (I used half from this recipe) or another pizza / pitta bread or flatbread bread
- flour or cornmeal to dust the baking tray
- For the toppings:
- pesto or tomato puree
- quail eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 390f.
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness. I rolled mine out to 2mm as I like it thin and crispy. Use a dough or pastry cutter to cut the dough into individual pizzas. Or alternatively you can roll the dough into one large or dough medium sized pizzas.
- Dust a baking tray with some flour or cornmeal (the cornmeal will help the make the crusty super crispy!) and place the pizzas on the tray.
- Spread on a little pesto or tomato puree and add the mozzarella and tomatoes. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes before adding the spinach and quail eggs. Return to the oven for another 4-5 minutes. Larger pizzas will take a little longer to cook so please factor this in.
- Season with black pepper and serve immediately.