This Bolognese Pasta Bake is a delicious alternative to spaghetti bolognese with a tasty creamy cheese sauce on top. The ultimate in family home cooking!
- 0.5 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g bacon lardons
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp Worcester Sauce
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 350g pasta
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 150ml milk
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- Add the oil, onion and garlic to a large frying pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon lardons and fry for another 1 minute before adding the carrots and celery and frying for another 2 minutes.
- Add the beef mince and cook for a couple of minutes until it has browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, beef stock, tomato puree, Worcester Sauce and oregano and mix well.
- Bring to the boil and then cook on a high simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the pasta in a saucepan according to the package instructions. When ready, drain.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- When the bolognese is ready, add it to a large baking dish. Then add the pasta on top.
- Mix the creme fraiche and milk together in a jug or mug and pour this over the top of the pasta.
- Finally, sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
Leftovers can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Reheat thoroughly on the hob or in the microwave.
This recipe can also be frozen and defrosted overnight in the fridge. Reheat as above.