Delicious breakfast muffins made with Weetabix and wholemeal flour and flavoured with blueberries and lemon. Perfect for an instant breakfast for kids and adults too!
- 3 weetabix biscuits
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g coconut oil
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml milk
- 75g honey
- 100g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line a muffin tin with 9 paper or silicone cases.
- Add the weetabix to a large mixing bowl and crush with your hands. Add the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the coconut oil to a large jug and melt in the microwave. If it’s very hot allow to cool a bit before adding in the egg, milk and honey. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and then add in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned on top and cooked through.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
These muffins will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen and defrosted overnight in the fridge.