Tasty soft weaning friendly bars made with just four simple ingredients; oats, banana, berries and chia seeds. Ideal for baby led weaning and toddlers too.
- 200g frozen berries
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 150g oats
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the berries to a saucepan along with 2 tbsp of water and cook for a few minutes to break the berries down.
- Use a potato masher to give the berries a final mash and turn off the heat.
- Add the banana and chia seeds and mix well.
- Add the oats and mix again.
- Add the mixture into a lined baking dish and bake at 180c for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lift the paper out of the dish. Leave to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
Once cooled these bars can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. They are totally fine to eat cold or at room temperature but you can also pop them into the microwave for a few seconds to warm them through.
They can also be frozen. Wrap in individual layers of parchment paper to prevent them from sticking. They will defrost at room temperature in just a couple of house.