Make these delicious and healthy toddler bites as snacks for kids with just three simple ingredients. Great for toddlers and weaning babies with a few teeth!
My little boy has turned into an absolute snack monster recently. He’s just turned two and I know he’s growing quite rapidly but he seems to be constantly hungry and has started to root through the cupboards looking for food!
Coming up with different ideas for healthy snacks has been a bit of a challenge. He’s been having lots of chopped fruit with cheese and sometimes breadsticks too but I thought it was time to get a bit more creative with his snacks before he starts to get bored of the same old things.
So this weekend I made these super simple Banana & Orange Oat Toddler Bites. They literally just contain those three ingredients and are so easy to make. They contain no added sugar or sweetener and are also gluten free, dairy free, egg free and nut free; so great for families with allergies and intolerances.
These bites are super soft, meaning they’re perfect for toddlers and also weaning babies who already have a couple of teeth.
Because of the fresh banana these bites are best eaten within 48 hours of making. But you can easily make a big batch and freeze them. They will defrost in a couple of hours when left out and can be warmed in the microwave or oven too.
If you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!Print
Make these delicious and healthy snacks for kids with just three simple ingredients. Great for toddlers and weaning babies with a few teeth!
- 1 ripe banana
- 40ml / 1/4 cup orange juice
- 75g / 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a non stick silicone sheet.
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork. Add the orange juice and mix well. Then add the oats and mix together until everything is well combined.
- Take one tablespoon of the oat mixture, shape into a round cookie shape and place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remainder of the mixture. I made 11 bites from this.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
These bites will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.
They can also be frozen. Wrap each bite individually in parchment paper and place them all together in a freezer bag. To defrost simply take out of the freezer and leave for 2 hours. They can also be warmed in the oven or microwave.
If you like this recipe you may also like: