Delicious oat muffins with no added sugar or honey; sweetened naturally with banana, avocado and apple sauce! Great for baby led weaning and older kids too!
- 150g / 1 cup plain or all purpose flour
- 100g / 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium avocado
- 200g / 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 60ml / 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a muffin tray with 10 paper cases.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda to a large bowl and mix with a spoon.
- In another bowl mash the banana and avocado together and then mix in the apple sauce. Add the egg and milk and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just enough until all the ingredients have combined.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before removing the paper cases. This helps to prevent them from sticking.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze and leave to defrost for a few hours at room temperature.
I know I used paper cases in these photos but since then I have used silicone cases each time I have made them. They are totally non-stick and work much better than the paper cases!