Delicious and so easy to make; Baked Camembert stuffed with Black Garlic & Thyme and topped with Balsamic Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 x 250g / 8oz round of camembert (boxed)
- 1 bulb black garlic
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50g / 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp of oil (from bottle or from jar of sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- balsamic glaze to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f.
- Remove the camembert from all its plastic packaging and place it back into the box, leaving the lid off. Score the top of the camembert with a sharp knife.
- Remove 3 cloves of black garlic from the bulb and slice each into 4 or 5 pieces. Push these into the camembert, along with some thyme.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into smaller pieces and mix with the oil and balsamic vinegar. Place half of the tomatoes in a bowl to one side. Pile the remaining half on top of the camembert and top with a few sprigs of thyme.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Stick a knife into the centre of the camembert to be sure that it has melted enough. If it hasn’t, return to the oven for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the camembert with balsamic glaze and serve with toasted ciabatta, the remaining sun-dried tomatoes and black garlic.