A delicious recipe for Butternut Squash Risotto, made with just a handful of simple and in season ingredients and baked in the oven. The easiest risotto recipe you’ll ever make!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium butternut squash
- handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 800ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- Peel the butternut squash and chop it into small bite sized pieces.
- Add the squash to an oven tray with 1 tbsp of olive oil and a few sprigs of thyme on top.
- To a large oven proof dish add the remaining oil, onion, garlic, more thyme (removed from the sprigs) and risotto rice.
- Pour in a little white wine and some vegetable stock and mix well.
- Put both dishes into the oven at 200c and bake for 25-30 minutes until the risotto has absorbed all that liquid and the rice is full cooked. Then stir in some butter and grated parmesan.
- Finally mix in the cooked cubes of squash and it’s ready to serve!
- This risotto is best eaten immediately. However it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours or frozen too.