How do you get your family to eat brussels sprouts this Christmas? By making these super delicious Bacon & Parmesan Brussels Sprout Skewers!
Do you have a brussels sprout hating family? I most certainly do but this year I plan to convert them all into fully-fledged sprout lovers with my recipe for these Bacon & Parmesan Brussels Sprout Skewers!
Many of us have memories of soggy over-cooked sprouts from our childhood but I promise you that this recipe will change your opinion completely. The sprouts are cooked just enough so that they still have a small amount of bite in them.
I then pair them with delicious crispy streaky bacon (cause bacon makes everything taste better, right?!), skewer them onto wooden sticks and then finish with some grated parmesan.
If you’re looking for a really easy way to cook your Sprouts in a more traditional way then why not try my Slow Cooker Brussel Sprouts recipe. So simple!
For the full recipe check out the video above or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my Christmas videos!).Print
How do you get your family to eat brussels sprouts? By making these super delicious Bacon & Parmesan Brussels Sprout Skewers!
- 400g brussel sprouts, washed
- 1 tsp oil
- 13 slices streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- Put the sprouts in a large saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for 6-7 on a high simmer until they are just starting to soften.
- Drain the sprouts and place them on a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, fry the slices of streaky bacon in a little oil, just a couple of mins on either side. We want them to be starting to crisp but not completely crispy.
- When the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan and drain on some kitchen roll.
- Take some wooden cocktail skewers and skewer on a sprout. Add the very edge of one of the slices of bacon, add another sprout and skewer the bacon again. Repeat with a third sprout.
- When all of the sprouts and slices of bacon have been skewered add some grated parmesan.
- Serve immediately.