- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 medium egg
- 25g / 1/4 cup rolled oats
- butter or oil for frying
- Mash the banana and add it to a bowl with the egg. Mix together with a fork and then stir in the oats.
- Rub a little butter or oil onto a frying pan and heat on a low heat.
- Take about 1.5 tablespoons of the pancake mixture and spoon it onto the frying pan.
- Repeat to make 5 pancakes. Fry for 2 minutes on either side until golden brown.
These pancakes can also be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 48 hours. To reheat, fry them gently again in a frying pan or warm in the microwave.
They can also be frozen. Stack them with a layer of parchment paper between them so they don’t stick. Leave out for a few hours to defrost and then reheat as above.