This simple French Toast or Eggy Bread recipe makes the perfect finger food for weaning babies and toddlers too!
My kids are well beyond the weaning stage now but I still get so many requests for both baby puree and baby led weaning recipes.
Baby led weaning in particular has grown massively in popularity in the last few years but lots of parents are still unsure as to the types of foods which are best to start with.
This Baby French Toast (or some people might call it Eggy Banana Bread) is a great recipe to get you started on your baby led weaning journey.
It’s made from just a few simple ingredients – wholemeal bread, egg, banana and your baby’s usual milk and is super quick and simple to make.
The bread stays really soft, making it perfect for babies as it’s still firm enough for them to hold it in their hand.
I left the crusts on for this recipe but if your baby has not yet got any teeth then you might want to remove them so that they are only eating the very soft bread and not the harder crusts.
The banana adds a lovely sweetness to the bread but if you wanted to experiment with different flavours you could try adding a splash of orange juice instead of milk or maybe a sprinkling of cinnamon. The options are endless!
Looking for ways to get your fussy eater to eat a better variety of food? Try Pick Plates. These round divided plates have five compartments to be filled with a wide selection of food groups and choices of ingredients. Perfect for making food fun, interesting and appealing to picky eaters.Print
This simple French Toast or Eggy Bread recipe makes the perfect finger food for weaning babies and toddlers!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 20 ml milk
- 3 small slices wholemeal bread
- butter or oil for frying
- Mash the banana and add it to a bowl with the egg and milk. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Cut the bread into fingers and dip each one into the mixture. Don’t let it soak in the mixture, just dip it very quickly so it coats each side.
- Melt a little butter or oil in a frying pan and fry the bread slices for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy: