A delicious Springtime recipe. Serve this Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes and Feta alongside crusty bread for a light lunch or as a veg accompaniment to a main meal.
I used a mixture of fresh plum cherry tomatoes and jarred sun dried tomatoes and I also used the oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes for extra flavour.
With the UK asparagus season officially starting this week, this is definitely going to be my go-to dish this summer.
If you liked my Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes & Feta, please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
PRE-ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out 26th January. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
A delicious Springtime recipe. Serve with crusty bread for a light lunch or as a veg accompaniment to a main meal.
- 300g asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes)
- 125g plum cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 50g feta cheese
- parsley to garnish
- Trim the asparagus and cook in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In another pan heat the oil and add the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and garlic. Cook on a medium heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pile the balsamic tomatoes on top of the asparagus and top with feta. Garnish with chopped parsley.
If you enjoyed this recipe, then you might also like my Protein Packed Salad