Cook a whole roast chicken in the airfryer in just one hour. Delicious cripsy skin on the outside and soft and juicy meat on the inside!
- 1.7kg whole chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2–3 tsp chicken seasoning
- Remove the chicken from any packaging and place on a plate.
- Mix the oil and chicken seasoning together in a small bowl and brush 3/4 of it on to the top of the chicken.
- Place the whole chicken in the airfryer upside down, so that’s breast side down.
- Brush the remaining oil and seasoning on the bottom side of the chicken.
- Cook at 180c for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken the right side round and cook for another 30 minutes.
- You can test if the chicken is fully cooked by piercing the thighs with a sharp knife. The juices should run out clear.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.