Cook a whole roast chicken in the airfryer in just one hour. Delicious crispy skin on the outside and soft and juicy meat on the inside!
Before I tried a whole roast chicken in the airfryer I wasn’t convinced it was going to be much different, but wow was I wrong! I don’t think I’ll ever cook it in the oven again.
It’s quicker, the skin gets much more crispy and the meat inside is so soft and succulent. I’m a fan!
The first step is to mix some oil and chicken seasoning together and brush this onto the top of the chicken.
If you don’t have chicken seasoning you can make up your own seasoning mix with smoked paprika, oregano, salt and pepper and any other herbs or spices that you like.
Once the top of the chicken is completely coated, add it to the airfryer upside down. This method helps the chicken to cook evenly throughout and also gets the juices flowing into the chicken breast to keep the meat super moist.
Cook at 180c for 30 minutes then flip the chicken over so it’s sitting the right way up.
Cook for another 30 minutes.
I used a 1.7kg chicken so cooking times will vary depending on what size you are using. If you are unsure about timings you can check that the chicken is fully cooked by piercing the thighs with a sharp knife. The juices should run clear. If they are pink then it needs further cooking.
Serve up with your favourite accompaniments like roast potatoes and vegetables. So delicious!
If you have leftover chicken the following day then try my Part Baked Bread Rolls in the AirFryer for a tasty chicken sandwich for lunch!
If you try my Airfryer Chicken recipe then please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!Print
Airfryer Whole Roast Chicken
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 3 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
Cook a whole roast chicken in the airfryer in just one hour. Delicious cripsy skin on the outside and soft and juicy meat on the inside!
- 1.7kg whole chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2–3 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- Remove the chicken from any packaging and place on a plate.
- Mix the oil and chicken seasoning together in a small bowl and brush ¾ of it on to the top of the chicken.
- Place the whole chicken in the airfryer upside down, so that’s breast side down.
- Brush the remaining oil and seasoning on the bottom side of the chicken.
- Cook at 180c for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken the right side round and cook for another 30 minutes.
- You can test if the chicken is fully cooked by piercing the thighs with a sharp knife. The juices should run out clear.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply