Delicious cheesy sausage bites made with just three ingredients and cooked in the airfryer to make them super crispy on the outside.
This post may contain affiliate links
I’ve recently got a new airfryer and have been trying out recipes all weekend. One of my favourite (and the kids’ too!) is these Cheesy Sausage Bites.
Made with just three ingredients, they’re easy to whip up and make a great snack or meal for the whole family.
Which Air Fryer Is The Best?
There’s so many different air fryers out there on the market at the moment. Some of the big brand names are expensive but I have been using this Uten 6.5 Litre Air Fryer since last year and I love it.
Start by removing the skins from the sausages. I used turkey sausages but chicken or pork will work just the same.
Add to a large bowl and mash the sausage meat.
Add grated cheddar and dried breadcrumbs and mix together.
Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a round ball.
Cook in the airfryer at 180c for 10 minutes, pausing half way to shake them.
The sausages bites should be evenly golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Serve immediately with chopped fruit and veg for lunch or a snack. For dinner serve with chips, wedges or mashed potatoes and a side of veggies.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy my Chicken Sausage RollsPrint
Delicious cheesy sausage bites made with just three ingredients and cooked in the airfryer
- 350g sausages
- 40g grated mature cheddar cheese
- 20g dried breadcrumbs
- Remove the skins from the sausages and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the grated cheddar and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Take one heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, then place in the airfryer.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture. You should be able to make 16 bites.
- Cook at 180c for 10 minutes, pausing half way to shake the sausage bites so that they cook evenly.
These sausage bites are best eaten immediately after cooking. However they can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. They can also be frozen and defrosted overnight in the fridge.