Salt and Pepper Chicken made in the ActiFry. A healthier twist on this classic Chinese takeaway dish!
- 450g diced chicken breast
- 50ml milk
- 75g cornflour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil or spray oil
- To garnish: chopped spring onion
- Add the diced chicken to a bowl and cover with the milk. Stir and put to one side.
- Add the cornflour to another bowl and mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, Chinese 5 spice and paprika.
- In three batches, remove the chicken from the bowl with a spoon, draining off any excess milk. Add to the bowl with the cornflour spice mix and coat the chicken pieces completely. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat the process with the other two batches of chicken.
- Chop the onion, garlic, chilli and pepper and add them to the Actifry, along with the chicken.
- Drizzle in one ActiFry spoon of olive oil or spray on some spray oil.
- Close the lid and set it to Mode 3 (Breaded Snacks) for 20 minutes.
- When the 20 minutes is up open the lid and test the chicken. If you prefer it a little crispier then cook for another 2-3 minutes. You can also add some salt and pepper too.
- When ready, remove, garnish with chopped spring onions and serve immediately with sides of your choice – boiled rice, noodles and wok fried greens all work really well with this dish.