Three quick and easy fish recipes with The Saucy Fish Co. Perfect for a tasty mid-week meal!
If one of your New Years Resolutions is to eat a more varied diet and especially more fish and seafood then you’re going to love today’s post. I’ve teamed up with The Saucy Fish Co. to show you three really quick and easy recipes, made using some of their most popular ranges.
People often tell me that the reason why they don’t eat enough fish is because they don’t know how to prepare it and they’re intimidated by cooking it. The Saucy Fish Co. range makes it so easy to up your fish intake as all the fish and seafood comes fully prepared, with it’s own sauce and flavourings and clear cooking instructions.
I’ve decided to use these three delicious ranges:
- Tomato & Chorizo Foil Bake Bag
- Haddock with Vintage Cheddar & Chive Sauce; and
- Salmon with Chilli, Lime & Ginger Dressing
to make quick, easy and really tasty recipes that are perfect for a speedy mid-week meal for two.
1. Seafood Linguine
Seafood Linguine is a dish that I often order when I eat out, but rarely make myself at home. But the Foil Bake Bag (packed with prawns, squid, chorizo in a smoked paprika sauce) makes it really easy to whip up for lunch or dinner during the week.
The seafood is all cooked in the pre-prepared bag so all you need to do is lay it onto a baking tray, separate the seafood out into a single layer and bake for 11 minutes.
Whilst the seafood is cooking you just need to boil up some linguine on the hob. Once the seafood has cooked, remove from the oven, open the bag and mix with the pasta.
Super simple, minimal fuss but a really tasty lunch or dinner for 2 people!
2. Haddock Pie
My second recipe in inspired by my love of fish pie. But whilst I love it, I rarely make it as it can be a bit time-consuming. Instead I decided to use the Haddock with Vintage Cheddar & Chive Sauce to create a super speedy cheat’s pie that again is perfect when you don’t have a lot of time during the week.
The haddock is cooked in it’s own bag in the oven for 15 minutes and I then used some ready-rolled puff pastry for the topping. I used some fun heart-shaped cookie cutters but any shape is absolutely fine. Brush that with a little egg wash and pop it onto another baking tray with a few cherry tomatoes and bake alongside the fish.
When that’s all ready, simply pop the fish and cheddar sauce into small bowls or ramekins and top with the pastry. So delicious but so simple!
3. Salmon Stir Fry
My third recipe uses these tasty Salmon Fillets with Chilli, Lime & Ginger Dressing to make a quick and easy stir fry.
The salmon can either be cooked in the oven, under the grill or pan fried. I decided to fry it in a wok and then add the veggies and noodles straight into it, the ultimate one-pan meal!
I fried the salmon on one side for 5 minutes, turned it and added some pre-cut veggie stir fry mix. That all cooked for another 5 minutes and then I added in some straight-to-wok noodles and the dressing.
Another super speedy and healthy meal ready in under 15 minutes!
If you’d like to learn more about the products in The Saucy Fish Co. range then head on over to their website
And if you try any of these recipes please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!Print
Three quick and easy fish recipes with The Saucy Fish Co. Perfect for a tasty mid-week family meal!
- 1 pack Tomato & Chorizo Foil Bake Bag
- 200g linguine
- 1 pack Haddock with Vintage Cheddar & Chive Sauce
- 1 ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 100g vine cherry tomatoes
Salmon Stir Fry
- 1 pack Salmon with Chilli, Lime & Ginger Dressing
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 300g Stir Fry Veggies
- 150g Straight-to-Wok Noodles
- Remove the seafood mix bag from the carton. Without opening, carefully arrange the seafood through the bag so that it all sits in a single layer.
- Place the bag foil-side down on a baking tray in the middle of a preheated oven and cook for 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the linguine accordingly to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and transfer back into the saucepan.
- Once the seafood has cooked, remove the bag from the tray and cut open. Pour the seafood and sauce into the linguine and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Remove the bag from the carton and without opening, carefully separate the haddock fillets through the bag.
- Place foil-side down on a baking tray in the middle of a pre-heated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out two pieces of pastry from a sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry. Place these on a lined or greased baking tray and brush with a little beaten egg.
- Add a few cherry tomatoes to the tray and bake alongside the fish for 13 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, remove from the oven and cut open the fish bag. Divide the haddock and sauce between two small bowls or ramekins, top with a bit of pastry and serve alongside the roasted tomatoes.
Salmon Stir Fry
- Remove the salmon from all the packaging and place the small package of dressing to one side.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the salmon, skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the veggies and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Add the noodles and the dressing and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.