A quick and easy mid-week meal, all cooked in one pot and in just 10 minutes. It’s my One Pot Spinach & Parmesan Orzo
- 400g orzo
- frozen garlic (equivalent of 2 cloves)
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 100g grated parmesan
- 100g fresh baby spinach
- Add the orzo, garlic and vegetable stock to a large pan on the hob.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a high simmer and cook for 9 minutes until the stock is nearly all absorbed and the orzo is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Finally add in the spinach and mix until wilted.
Frozen spinach can be used instead of fresh spinach. Add it about half way through the cooking time so that it has a chance to defrost.