Apples cooked on a waffle iron make a delicious and healthy dessert or snack for kids!
Last month Sage kindly sent me one of their waffle makers to try out and I have to admit that I have definitely caught the waffle bug! But as much as my family have loved the sweet and savoury waffles we have been mixing up, I’ve been eager to try out the waffle iron in making some non-traditional waffles.
I’ve been experimenting with cooking lots of different foods in my waffle maker but my favourite concoction so far has to be these Waffle Iron Cinnamon Apples!
They are ridiculously easy to make; simply cut the apples into slices, add a bit of coconut sugar and cinnamon and cook them for 2 minutes. They are perfect when you need to whip up a snack or dessert for the family in super quick time.
They are also really healthy too and a great way to get kids enjoying apples this Autumn!
- 2 Apples
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Heat the waffle iron and grease lightly with some spray oil.
- Cut the apple into ½ cm slices and sprinkle each slice with a little sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the apple slices in the waffle iron for approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with greek yogurt and berries.