Super easy to make and packed with mixed vegetables, these Veggie Pizza Puff Pastry Roll Ups are sure to go down a treat with the whole family!
Last year I posted this recipe for Ham & Cheese Puff Pastry Roll Ups which were super popular on the blog and also on You Tube. This year I thought I would make another version, but making it vegetarian this time and packed with nutritious veggies!
The base of my Veggie Pizza Roll Ups is shop bought ready-rolled puff pastry. You can of course make your own pastry but I have to admit it’s not something I do very often. The shop bought stuff is a fantastic alternative and it also means that this recipe can be whipped up in no time at all.
On top of the pastry I spread some pizza or tomato sauce and then topped with grated cheddar cheese and mixed veggies. I use the packets of frozen mixed vegetables which makes the recipe even easier!
This is a great recipe to get the kids involved in making. Set them up at the kitchen table with the pastry base and they can help with spreading on the sauce and adding all the toppings.
These Pizza Roll Ups are absolutely delicious eaten still warm but they also taste great the next day too and make the perfect lunchbox treat!
For the full recipe, check out my video or the written instructions below and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos! And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I’d love to see your pictures!
- 150g mixed frozen veg
- 320g puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 75g tomato pizza sauce
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the frozen veg into a large bowl or jug, cover with boiling water and cook for 1 minute in the microwave. Drain completely and allow it to dry on some kitchen roll to absorb as much water as possible
- Roll out the pastry and spread the tomato pizza sauce on top. Sprinkle on the cheese and finally add the vegetables.
- Starting with the shorter side of the pasty, start to roll the pasty up, keeping it as tight and compact as possible. Once it has all rolled up but it into 8 and divide them with the trays.
- Brush with a little egg wash, sprinkle on the oregano and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow the rolls to cool a little before eating so that they keep their shape.
If you liked this recipe you might also enjoy: