A quick, easy and healthy meatfree family recipe, all cooked in one pot and ready in just 15 minutes.
Today I’m continuing my Quick & Easy Mid Week Meals series with this really delicious and super simple One Pot Pasta recipe. This dish so quick and easy to cook and is really nutritious too, making it my new favourite go-to meal on busy evenings.
Lately I have been trying to cut down the amount of meat that my family eats and instead replace it with some healthier alternatives. I used lentils in this recipe as they are packed full of protein, fibre and iron, making them a really brilliant substitute for meat. They are also super cheap too, making this dish very budget friendly.
I was a little worried that the kids would pick the lentils out but I mixed them in really well with the spaghetti and they gobbled the whole thing down. I couldn’t believe it!
I’m now on the hunt for lots more ways for including lentils in our diet so if you have any favourite lentil recipes let me know in the comments below.
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!
- 300g spaghetti
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 125g cooked green lentils (I used canned)
- 15-20 pitted black olives
- Place all of the ingredients except for the lentils and olives into a large pan. Stir everything together, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the spaghetti has cooked.
- If at any point the sauce seems to be drying out, add a little extra veg stock.
- Add the lentils and olives, stir well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: