Pancakes made with just two ingredients. Gluten, dairy and sugar free. Perfect for baby led weaning and older children too!
Feeding kids is hard enough but weaning babies can be even harder. Starting with such a small and limited range of foods it can be difficult to come up with easy and nutritious meals other than pureed fruit and veg. Today I’m sharing one of my favourite recipes that I used when weaning my baby… super easy and delicious Two Ingredient Pancakes.
I love these pancakes for so many reason. They are quick and easy to whip up. They are nutritious and are made with bananas and eggs, two ingredients that I always seem to have on hand at home. They are also really soft, making them the perfect food for baby led weaning. But at the same time they also appeal to older children, meaning you don’t have to make separate meals or snacks. Brilliant!
Although any kind of banana will work in this recipe it is better to use a very ripe one. Ripe bananas are not only easier to mash but they also taste sweetener, making the pancakes more appealing to little ones.
This means that the pancakes need no added sweetener, keeping them super healthy and nutritious for both babies and older kids.
This recipe will make approximately 10 pancakes but you can easily double or triple the quantities if you are feeding a crowd. The pancakes are best served warm but can also be cooled and kept in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- butter or coconut oil for frying
- Mash the banana. In a separate bowl beat the egg with a fork. Add the banana and mix until well combined. Or if you are lazy like me you can just bung it all in a blender and blitz for a few seconds!
- Heat a little butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add one tablespoon of the mixture to make each pancake. It will depend on the size of your frying pan but you should be able to cook 5 pancakes at a time.
- Fry for approximately 2 minutes on either side or until the pancakes start to brown.
- Serve immediately with some chopped fresh fruit.