A delicious festive take on the classic sausage roll, made instead with turkey mince, cranberry sauce and brie. These mini pastry rolls will make a fantastic appetizer or party snack this Christmas!
Everyone loves a sausage roll at Christmas but for a festive twist why not try my Turkey, Cranberry & Brie rolls instead this year? These little bites will make such a great addition to the Christmas party buffet!
These rolls are really easy to make. I use a sheet of ready-made puff pastry but you could of course make your own too. The filling is made with turkey mince, garlic and spring onion plus one secret ingredient – a chicken stock cube! Turkey mince can sometimes be very bland but the stock cube adds tonnes of flavour.
The puff pastry is then spread with a layer of cranberry sauce, adding a delicious sweet flavour, and then rolled up and cut into 16 bite-sized rolls. So delicious!
These rolls taste amazing hot from the oven but they can also be made earlier in the day and either served cold or warmed up a little.
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my Christmas videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I love seeing all your pictures!
A delicious festive take on the classic sausage roll, made instead with turkey mince, cranberry sauce and brie. These mini pastry rolls will make a fantastic appetizer of party snack this Christmas!
- 400g turkey mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g brie
- salt and pepper to taste
- 320g puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- To serve: extra cranberry sauce and chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the turkey mince, garlic and spring onion to a large bowl. Crumble in the chicken stock cube. Secret ingredient to add lots of flavour. Mix well.
- Add in the brie, roughly torn into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut it into two widthways so that you have two rectangle shaped pieces. Spread the cranberry sauce over each pieces of pastry.
- Divide the turkey mixture into two and spread each piece down the middle of the pastry sheets, leaving a gap of about 1cm either side.
- Roll the pastry over the mixture so that the two edges meet. Press down with a fork to seal it.
- Cut each of the large rolls into 8 small rolls and place on the baking trays. Brush with a little beaten egg and bake in the oven for 25 mins until golden brown.
If you liked this recipe you may also like: