A delicious and filling breakfast bar recipe, packed full of healthy ingredients such as quinoa, oats, bananas and strawberries. These bars make the perfect nutritious start to the day for the whole family and are a great grab and go breakfast!
How are those new years resolutions going for everyone? Still on the healthy eating bandwagon?! I have to confess I have slipped a bit the past few days but its all about balance… right? Finishing off that tin of Quality Street probably wasn’t the best idea but at least I have healthy breakfast sorted for the next few days!
These Strawberry & Quinoa Bars are perfect if you want to get prepared and have a ready-made breakfast on hand for busy mornings. They are packed full of super nutritious and filling ingredients including quinoa, rolled oats, bananas and eggs. They are also really easy to make, simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
You can then keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days, on hand for a grab-and-go breakfast in the morning. They can also be frozen for up to 6 weeks and left out to defrost overnight. If you don’t want to eat them cold they can easily be reheated in the microwave.
I used strawberries in my recipe but you can use whatever berries are in season. I imagine raspberries and also blueberries would be just as delicious!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (3/4 cup) cooked quinoa
- 150g (1½ cups) rolled oats
- 30g (1/4 cup) raisins
- 100g (1 cup) chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line an 8 x 8 inch dish with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas and add them to a bowl with the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the in the quinoa, oats and raisins and mix again. Finally stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Transfer the mixture to the dish and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool before cutting into 9 squares.
If you liked this recipe you might also enjoy: