A delicious but super simple family meal of Sesame Honey Chicken & Vegetable Noodles. Ready in just 15 minutes!
Quick and easy family meals that the kids will actually eat – thats what we’re all looking for isn’t it?! There’s nothing worse than spending an hour cooking dinner to have everyone refuse to eat it and so I’m always trying out new ideas for my fussy pair!
Speedy stir fries have always been a favourite of mine and so I decided to try out this kid-friendly recipe with a sweet honey and soy sesame sauce.
I’ve kept the veggies very simple, ones I know my kids will actually eat and that also cook quickly. For the carrot I used a vegetable peeler to create carrot shavings, helping them to cook really quickly.
I used egg noodles in my recipe which need to be cooked in a separate saucepan, but you could also use straight-to-wok noodles to make it even easier.
- 0.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 300g / 10 oz diced chicken breast
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1.5 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 100g / 1 cup frozen peas and sweetcorn
- 150g / 5oz dried egg noodles
- 0.5 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the diced chicken breast. Fry for 6-7 minutes until the chicken has just about cooked through.
- Add the red pepper, spring onions, carrot shavings and crushed garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile cook the egg noodles in another saucepan according to the package instructions.
- In a small jug or cup mix the chicken stock and cornflour together well and add it to the wok along with the honey and soy sauce.
- Add in the frozen peas and sweetcorn and cook for another couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the wok mixing well with the chicken, vegetables and sauce.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of sesame seeds on top.