If like me you are always thinking of ways to sneak in some extra veg to family meals you are going to love these Secret Veggie Muffins. Made using coconut flour (or almond flour), they are gluten free, have no added sugar and the secret veggie ingredients are sweet potato and carrot.
Personally I think they taste like mini carrot cakes. The natural sweetness of the carrots, together with the honey, meansÂ there’s no need for extra sugar. The combination of coconut flour and vegetables makes these muffins wonderfully dense and filling. I guarantee even the fussiest of cake-loving eaters will devour them!
At only 140 calories per muffin, these are a perfect guilt-free treat. They are so healthy, you could even serve them for breakfast. The muffins taste best straight from the oven but they will keep for a couple of days in an air-tight container.
Now to work on a healthy chocolate muffin recipe!Print
Delicious gluten free, no added sugar muffins. The secret ingredients are sweet potato and carrot!
- 60g coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small carrot
- 1 egg
- 30g raisins
- 40g chopped mixed nuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato, cook in boiling water until soft, then mash it. Grate the carrot.
- Combine the sweet pototo and carrot with all of the other ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake for approx 25 minutes.