Is it really Monday again? Sheesh the weeks are really flying by. I can’t believe we are into July already. My fussy eater will be getting holidays from nursery soon and the baby is already 5 months old. Slow down time!! If your house is anything like mine, Monday’s meals are usually are scraped together affair. After spending most of the weekend in London the fridge and cupboards are pretty bare but I can’t quite summon the energy to do a supermarket shop. On days like these my Roasted Vegetable Wrap Pizza is a god-send.
I love pizza but it has to be very thin and super crispy. I don’t do doughy soggy pizza bases, ugh! Wraps or tortillas make the perfect base for a speedy pizza. There’s no need to pre-cook them, simply throw on your favourite toppings and bake for a few minutes. My fussy eater loves these pizzas and even my Papa John’s loving husband approves too!
These wrap pizzas are great for getting the kids involved in cooking. You can lay out all different toppings and let them create their own combos.
My absolute favourite is this Roasted Vegetable Pizza. It takes a few minutes longer as you need to roast the veggies first but it really is worth it. Its also super healthy and not loaded with tonnes of cheese like most shop bought pizzas. Just a few slices of mozzarella is all this wrap pizza needs. Simple but perfect!
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- ½ small courgette, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 2 wraps
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 100g mozarella, torn
- black pepper to taste
- handful of rocket to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the broccoli, courgette, red pepper and cherry tomatoes onto a baking tray. Pour over the olive oil and toss until the veggies have been evenly coated. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread the tomato or pasta sauce onto the wraps and top with the roasted vegetables and torn mozarella. Add black pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your pizza base.
- Garnish with rocket.
This post is part of Super Golden Bakes’ #Cook Blog Share link up for the week of 30th June – 7th July.