Celebrate Pancake Day this year by getting the kids involved in making these delicious Apple Pancakes with Pink Lady® Apples!
Pancake Day is just around the corner and I can’t think of a better excuse to get the kids in the kitchen cooking up a storm! This year I’ve teamed up with Pink Lady® apples to bring you a really fun recipe that the whole family will love making and eating!
My kids love apples and they probably eat one most days of the week. But the great thing about this recipe is that the apples are blended into the pancake mixture, meaning even the pickiest of eaters won’t know that they are there! Pink Lady® apples are an excellent choice as they are a natural source of energy and a single apple supplies a quarter of your day’s vitamin C. Pink Lady® apples are the first to blossom and the last to be harvested. This extra time in the sun gives our apples their special blush, sweeter crunch and wonderful fizz. Yum!
Pink Lady® also have a range of apples especially for kids. PinKids® apples have been specially selected for their slightly smaller size, making them suitable for small mouths!
I used this a super cute apple shaped frying pan to make my pancakes but you could also use an apple shaped cookie cutter to get the same effect. You can of course just make normal shaped pancakes or crepes too!
For the toppings, we chose to add another slice of one of the PinKids® apples and added some greek yogurt and chocolate sauce to the top. Delicious!
We had so much fun making these pancakes and we’ll definitely be making them again for Pancake Day on the 28th February! To join in the fun post your apple pancakes on social media using the hashtag #PinkLadyPancakeDay.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 200ml whole milk
- 2 Pink Lady® apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 50g unsalted butter
- To serve: 1 Pink Lady® apple, thinly sliced, greek yogurt and chocolate sauce or honey.
- Blitz the Pink Lady® apples and milk together in a blender until completely smooth.
- Whisk the eggs and flour together with an electric whisk. Add the apple and milk mixture a little at a time and continue to whisk.
- Heat a non-stick pan on the hob and add a little bit of the butter to grease it. Pour in the pancake mixture and fry for 1-2 minutes on either side until golden brown and cooked through.
- When all the pancakes have been cooked serve with slices of Pink Lady® apples, greek yogurt and chocolate sauce or honey.
DISCLOSURE: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this post with Pink Lady®. As always, all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.