We generally eat quite healthily for breakfast in our house (if I can ignore my husband grabbing biscuits on the door out to work). But sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of a sweet treat in the mornings and my fussy eater would definitely agree! These no-cook waffles are perfect for a naughty weekend brunch or a special birthday breakfast.Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I would love to get an American style waffle iron but I’m not sure I would use it often enough to justify adding yet another appliance to our kitchen. So, although I try where possible to cook from scratch, I make an exception with these pre-made waffles.
They are ridiculously easy to heat. Simply pop them in the toaster for 30 seconds and then add your favourite fillings. I make no secret of the fact that I’m a little bit obsessed with peanut butter and banana so that combo was a no-brainer for me. I also added some fresh berries on top to sneak in a few vitamins. Easy peasy!
- 4 toasting waffles (I used McVities)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- 8 blackberries
- icing sugar to dust
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Toast the waffles according to the packet instructions.
- Spread the peanut butter onto 2 waffles. Arrange the sliced bananas on the peanut butter.
- Sandwich the remaining waffle on top and add the strawberries, blackberries and any leftover banana.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup.