A delicious and super easy recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara, all cooked together in one pot. This tasty family meal takes just 15 minutes to prepare and cook, perfect for busy evenings when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen!
If there’s one dish I know for sure my kids will eat it’s spaghetti! We have a few tried and tested recipes that I make a lot but recently I’ve been trying to come up with slightly more adventurous flavours for my family to try.
This One Pot Spaghetti Carbonara ticks all the boxes. It’s so quick and easy to make, takes just 15 minutes and it can all be cooked in just one pan – meaning less washing up afterwards! The pasta is cooked in vegetable stock which gives tonnes of flavour to the dish before adding the eggs and cream for that traditional creamy sauce.
People often think of carbonara as being quite unhealthy but I’ve only used 125ml of single cream which when divided between four people works out as very little. Served with lots of freshly cooked greens like broccoli, spinach or kale, I think this actually makes a really balanced family meal.
- 1 tsp oil
- 200g bacon lardons
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 125ml single cream
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g grated parmesan
- To serve - chopped fresh parsley and a little more grated parmesan
- Add the oil to a large pot or a wok and heat. Add in the bacon lardons and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Remove them from a pan and put to one side in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the vegetable stock and bring it to the boil. Add in the spaghetti and the crushed garlic cloves and cook for 8-10 minutes until the spaghetti is soft and all the stock has just about absorbed.
- Add the cream to a small jug and crack in the two eggs. Pour this into the spaghetti and mix well.
- Add the grated parmesan and mix again before adding the cooked bacon back in.
- Serve immediately with a little chopped fresh parsley and some more granted parmesan.
If you liked this recipe you might also like: