Delicious, easy to make and packed with healthy ingredients; kids will love these No Bake Chocolate Granola Cookies!
If like me you’ve got the kids home all week for half term then you’re going to love today’s recipe. It basically kills two birds with one stone in that the recipe obviously is a great snack for the kids to eat but you can also get them involved in making these cookies too and stop the “I’m bored” moans for a half an hour at least!
I’ve been making these kind of cookies for months now although I originally didn’t include the granola, just rolled oats. I always felt there was something missing. The cookies tasted amazing but as soon as I added granola for the first time I realised what they had been missing – crunch!
Compared to store bought cookies, these no-bake version are much healthier. They contain no refined sugar, sweetened only with some honey. They are also packed with nutritious and filling ingredients such as oats, coconut oil and peanut butter, making a really substantial snack the whole family can enjoy.
These cookies require no baking. There is a small element of cooking involved in that some of the ingredients need to be melted in a saucepan on the hob but other than that they are really easy to make. The mixture can get super hot so be sure to supervise the children at this point.
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I love seeing all your pictures!
- 60g (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 100g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 75g (3/4 cup) granola
- Add the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey to a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the ingredients have all melted.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and simmer for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats and granola.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon on 12 heaped spoons of the mixture. Mould each into a cookie shape and then transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.