Sneak some extra veggies into your family’s diet with these delicious Mini Aubergine or Eggplant Pizzas!
With my family of pizza lovers I’m always looking for new ways to make it a little healthier for them. Don’t get me wrong, we still indulge in a big gooey cheesy pizza a couple of times a month but for a healthier alternative the rest of the time these Mini Aubergine Pizzas are a great choice.
Aubergines (or eggplant depending on where you’re from!) make a really good substitute for pizza base. Baking them for 10 minutes in the oven cooks them through so that they are soft enough to eat, yet they still remain firm enough to hold all the toppings.
You can pretty much use any toppings of your choice. I used tomato sauce, spinach (always sneaking in some greens!), cheese and cherry tomatoes. Delicious!
For the full recipe check out the video below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!).
- 1 aubergine or eggplant
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 250f. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the aubergine into round slices of approximately ½ to ¾ inch thick. Lay the slices on the baking tray and brush with a little olive oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- When the aubergine slices have been cooked, transfer them onto a grill plan and then add the toppings; tomato sauce, spinach, cheese and tomatoes.
- Place the pan under the grill for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy: