Use up leftover chilli and rice to make these quick and easy Taco Cups filled with green and black olives, cheese and red peppers.
I absolutely love leftovers. Not only is it a really budget friendly way to feed your family and waste as little food as possible, it also means less time spent in the kitchen preparing and cooking meals. And I’m all for that! Chilli is one of those dishes that is so easy and cheap to make in bulk and in fact I think it actually tastes better the next day once the flavours have really had time to develop.
I have teamed up with Fragata for a series of healthy snack and meal ideas to serve to kids using their fantastic range of olives.* You can see the first two recipes I created here: Cream Cheese & Black Olive Bear Crackers and Cheese, Veggies & Olive Hummus Wrap. Today I’m sharing a super quick and easy dinner recipe, jazzing up my leftover chilli and rice with some Fragata olives.
I used beef chilli for my recipe but it would work really well with a veggie chilli too. If you don’t have any leftover chilli then tinned refined beans is another great instant option. To add to the flavour of the chilli and to encourage my kids to eat olives I mixed some chopped Pitted Green Olives into the chilli and also added some sliced Pitted Black Olives to the toppings.
My kids really loved this meal and my 4 year old had so much fun helping me to fill the taco cups and choose her own toppings. To my absolute delight she even ate the olives…. hooray!!!
*This is a post sponsored by Fragata but all views, opinions and recipes are my own.
Use up leftover chilli and make these quick and easy Taco Cups filled with green and black olives, cheese and red peppers.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 150g leftover chilli or refried beans (hot or cold)
- 150g cooked rice (hot or cold)
- 50g Fragata pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- handful of lettuce, shredded
- 25g Fragata pitted black olives, sliced
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- sour cream and salsa to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Using a round pastry cutter (approximately 11cm diameter) cut into the tortillas to make 8 mini tortillas. Spray a muffin tin with a little spray oil and push the mini tortillas into the muffin holes. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the muffin tin and allow the taco cups to cool.
- Meanwhile make the filling by mixing the refried beans or leftover chilli with the cooked rice and pitted green olives. Add a large spoonful of this mixture to each of the taco cups.
- Top with the red pepper, lettuce, sliced black olives, grated cheese and spring onions.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and salsa.