I have raved enough about this ridiculously easy Irish Soda Bread so I won’t bleat on about it here. But just in case I haven’t convinced you to get baking your own bread just yet, this quick yet impressive lunch recipe might do the trick.
This recipe is basic but sometimes simplicity is better. The smoked salmon goes perfectly with the nutty earthiness of the soda bread and the horseradish / Â crÃ¨me fraÃ®che mixture gives the dish just enough of a bite.Print
A quick yet impressive lunch recipe using homemade Irish Soda Bread
- 4 slices Irish soda bread
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 3 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1/2 bag rocket
- 1 lemon
- dill / chives to garnish
- black pepper to taste
- Mix the creme fraiche and horseradish sauce together.
- Layer the smoked salmon on top of the slices of bread and top with the sauce.
- Garnish with dill or chives and black pepper.
- Serve with a handful of rocket and 1/2 lemon.