These Healthy Strawberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins are packed full of oats, banana, greek yogurt and honey and take just a couple of minutes to whip up in a blender or food processor.
If there’s one type of food that I know is sure to go down a treat with my kids it’s muffins; soft and sweet and cakey, I know exactly why they love them so much! But with traditional recipes containing lots of unhealthy fats and refined sugar, I’ve been experimenting with making some healthier versions of our favourite muffin flavours, starting with Strawberry & Chocolate Chip today!
These muffins are still made with wheat flour but I’ve also included some rolled oats in there to help keep little tummies fuller for longer. I’ve swapped butter or oil for greek yogurt and instead of using refined sugar, these muffins are sweetened with banana and honey. All in all these muffins make a really great afternoon snack for kids. I also have to admit to having them for breakfast too on really hectic mornings!
As well as being healthy these muffins are super easy to make. Simply chuck all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and let the machine do all the hard graft!
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!
- 200g / 1.5 cups plain or all purpose flour
- 50g / 0.5 cups rolled oats
- 200g / 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 medium banana
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 125g / 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 50g / 0.3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 390f.
- Place all the ingredients except the strawberries and chocolate chips in a food processor or blender and blitz until the mixture is smooth. Add in about ¾ of the strawberries and chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
- Line a 12 hold muffin tray with paper cases and spoon the mixture into the cases (you should be able to make between 10 and 12 muffins depending on their size). Add the remaining chopped strawberries and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for between 15 and 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clear.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin or on a wire rack before serving.