Delicious and super healthy, these gluten free Oat & Blueberry Blender Muffins are so easy to make and nutritious enough to have for breakfast!
I promised myself that I was going to get better at breakfast time in 2016. Although I always have great intentions to encourage the kids to eat a wider and more varied diet at breakfast time, I still find myself falling back on the same breakfasts when we are in a rush during the week.
I have seen Blender Muffin recipes all over pinterest lately. This recipe in particular caught my eye and I decided to adapt it to make these super delicious and healthy Oat & Blueberry Blender Muffins. Perfect for busy mornings when I don’t have enough time to prepare a breakfast from scratch.
First of all I have to stress how easy this recipe is. All you need to do is chuck the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz until they are all combined. No hard graft needed in mixing or stirring!
These muffins are super nutritious too; made with oats rather than wheat flour and honey instead of refined sugar. They are perfect for breakfast, packed full of slow releasing carbs and fibre and make a great snack for kids too.
One thing I should point out is that because these muffins are made with oats, they are denser than normal muffins. So if you are expecting a super light and fluffy muffin then I don’t want to disappoint you. However, I really like the texture of these muffins and even though they are quite dense, they feel really hearty and filling.
My daughter gets really excited when I serve these for breakfast now. She calls them “Breakfast Cake”, so I’m taking that as a big thumbs up from her!
And if you are looking for a blender recommendation I absolutely love my Froothie Optimum 9400. It blitzes this mixture in seconds, it’s super easy to clean and I use it in some way or another nearly every single day! *
- 2 cups / 100g rolled oats
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup / 125g fresh or frozen blueberries
- Recipe adapted from Le Creme De La Crumb
- Preheat the oven to 390f / 180c. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases and spray them with a little spray oil.
- Put all the ingredients except the blueberries into a blender or food processor and blitz until all combined. Stir in half the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling ¾ full. Top with the remaining blueberries.
- Bake in the oven for between 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the muffin tins and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
* Disclosure: This is an affiliate link. If you buy a blender through this link I will earn a small commission from the sale. However, this does not effect my recommendation of the product as I will only recommend products and services that I myself use and like.