In celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday this month, Harvester have created some new and exciting salad recipes to include some of the Queen’s most favourite ingredients. Each of these salads are super fresh, using delicious ingredients from their salad bar, ideal for you to recreate yourself in their restaurants or at home.
Royal Chicken Crown Salad
Harvester has created this deliciously royal salad recipe, combining all of Her Majesty’s favourite foods fresh from Harvester’s salad bar.
Using fresh and simple ingredients, from the traditionally English cucumber, to the Queen’s preferred chargrilled chicken, this salad is perfectly put together to create a main course fit to celebrate the biggest birthday of the year.
Spicy Chorizo & Tomato Salad
Delicious flavour combinations are essential for the perfect salad, so Harvester has created a Spanish-inspired recipe to get your taste buds salsa-ing.
As Harvester’s salad expert, Chris Griffin, explains: “You don’t need greens to make a really exciting salad.
“The star of this dish is cheeky chorizo, packed full of red wine and paprika flavours. Combined with deliciously indulgent salty olives and spiced onions, it’s easy to make at home for all the family or a quick lunchtime snack for one.”
- 1 half iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 50 ml blue cheese dressing
- 1 quarter cucumber, sliced
- 1 half red pepper, sliced
- 1 half yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- I handful of raisins
- 1 chargrilled chicken breast
- Kick off your salad with a base of lettuce, and drizzle it with blue cheese dressing. Mix it through so that every bite has that rich blue cheese flavour.
- Add in the cucumber, red and yellow peppers and some regal tomatoes, all for a flash of colour.
- Sprinkle with raisins for a surprising sweet twist.
- Finally, place the chargrilled chicken on top of the salad.
- 1 quarter pink pickled cabbage
- 5 whole mini gherkins
- 1 half red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 quarter white onion, sliced
- 1 quarter red onion, sliced
- 8 black olives
- 3 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- Spicy sauce (such as Harvester’s House Hot sauce)
- 1 small grilled chorizo, sliced
- Start with a base of pink pickled cabbage for acidity and texture, then add your gherkins for some crunch.
- Add in the peppers and onions to give the salad some natural sweetness.
- For saltiness, add in your olives, a common Spanish ingredient.
- Throw in the tomatoes and combine all the ingredients together with a really spicy dressing, such as Harvester’s House Hot sauce, to give the salad an added kick.
- Grill the chorizo, then mix in with the rest of the salad, ensuring the natural oils cover the dish for plenty of flavour.
If you want all these ingredients, head down to your local Harvester and visit the unlimited salad bar for a delicious salad with a regal twist.
Disclosure: This post has been a collaboration with Harvester and I have been compensated for my time spent working on this campaign. All thoughts and opinions are however my own.