Delicious Ham & Cheese Roll Ups made with puff pastry. They make a lovely treat tea for the family or can even be eaten cold for lunch!
I’m all for serving as much healthy food as possible to my family but we all deserve a treat meal every now and then and these Ham & Cheese Roll Ups are one of our favourite!
Made with shop bought pastry (I never make my own pastry but if you do, then you can obviously use that just fine too!) these roll ups or pinwheels are so easy to make and are a great recipe to get the kids involved in helping with too.
Check out my video below to see how I made the recipe and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 75g / ⅓ cup tomato or pizza sauce
- 6 slices cooked deli ham
- 100g / 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 390f. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and spread it with the pizza sauce. Add the ham on top and then sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- Roll the pastry back up as tightly and as compact as you can. Cut the roll into slices approximately 1 inch thick and lay each one on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the outside of the roll ups with the beaten egg and sprinkle some dried herbs on top.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store for 24 hours in an airtight container.