A delicious dairy, gluten and refined sugar free festive Gingerbread Ice Cream. The perfect snack for the Christmas season!
This month I have teamed up with some fantastic UK family and kids food bloggers to bring you a whole host of festive recipes perfect for anyone catering for family or friends with allergies this Christmas. We’re aiming to show you that “free from” doesn’t have to be boring or overly complicated either!
My fellow #FreeFromChristmas gang are:
- cereals containing gluten: wheat, rye, barley, oats (if not gluten-free),
- celery and celeriac,
- tree nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, brazils, pistachios, macadamia nuts),
My recipe which is free from all of these allergens is this Gingerbread “Nana” Ice Cream!
Nana ice cream is a big hit in my house. It’s so easy to make with just a few frozen bananas and can then be customized with loads of different flavours and variations. I decided to make a very festive ice cream this year by adding some tasty gingerbread flavours with nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. I also added some whipped coconut cream to the top and some grated chocolate to finish it off. Delicious!
This ice cream is perfect to serve up to kids at your Christmas party and will probably go down well with the adults too. And as a bonus its super healthy, the perfect antidote to all those christmas sweets and desserts!
- 4 bananas
- dash of water
- ⅛ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- optional: whipped coconut cream and dairy free chocolate shavings to top
- Cut the bananas into slices, place in a freezer bag and freeze for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Put the bananas into a food processor with a few small spoons of water and blitz until they have broken down to ice cream consistency. Add more water if required but be careful not to over-process.
- Add the nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon and blitz again for a few seconds.
- Serve immediately with whipped coconut cream and chocolate shavings or transfer into a dish and freeze to serve later.