This summer I’ve been trying to vary what my kids eat for breakfast a bit more. It’s all too easy to get into a rut of eating the same thing over and over again, especially when you are rushing out the door for 9am and I am very guilty of giving them the same thing several days a week just because I know they will eat it without too much trouble.
But in an effort to change things up a bit we’ve recently started having these Fresh Fruit Bagels once a week. They are super easy to make and require no cooking (toasting the bagel is optional!) and it’s a fun way to get the kids involved by letting them make their own fruit patterns!
The cream cheese is sweetened with a little honey and vanilla extract and when mixed with the fruit honestly tastes like such a treat for breakfast! You can use pretty much any fruit you like, depending on what’s in season where you are and what your kids like to eat.
- 2 bagels
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit of your choice, chopped
- Slice the bagel in two. Toasting is optional!
- Mix the cream cheese with the honey and vanilla extract and spread onto the bagels.
- Top with fresh fruit and serve immediately.