Peanut butter, banana and chocolate. Three of my favourite ingredients together in one bite sized frozen morsel of tastiness? Yes please!Â Ok, so these might not be the healthiest of snacks but they do contain fruit so I’m counting them as one of my five a day.
It is possible to reduce the sugar in these snacks by using dark chocolate. You can also use your imagination and go crazy on the toppings – I opted for sprinkles, desiccated coconut and crushed nuts but the possibilities are endless.Â My fussy little eater’s eyes lit up when she saw these mini treats. She was so enthralled by the sprinkles and chocolate that I don’t think she even noticed the banana.Â
This recipe is so darn easy that it doesn’t even need any instructions (but the normal recipe format is below just in case!). FlipagramÂ is my new favourite app so I thought why not create some Flipagram Recipes. Follow my hashtagÂ #flipagramrecipes on Twitter and Instagram for lots more quick and easy video recipes. Or upload your own and show me what you’ve been creating in your kitchen.
- 2 large bananas
- 1 small jar of peanut butter
- 120g milk or dark chocolate
- sprinkles / chopped nuts / desiccated coconut or any other toppings
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Cut each banana into approximately 12 pieces and lay them onto the baking tray.
- Scoop 1 tsp of peanut butter onto half of the banana pieces, and then place another piece of banana on top, making a little sandwich.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Once the bites are frozen, melt the chocolate. Dip each banana bite into the melted chocolate. I found it easier to do this with a fork in each hand. Place the chocolate covered bite onto a plate and quickly add your chosen topping. You will need to work fast as the cold bananas will make the chocolate set fast.
- Repeat for each bite.
- Store in either the fridge or the freezer.