A quick and easy granola recipe – made in the microwave in just 5 minutes!
We eat a lot of granola in our house. The kids love it for breakfast or a snack with yogurt and fruit and I often use it in cookies too (granola cookie recipe to come so watch out for that!)
When I have the time I love making my own granola at home but on busy weeks I quite often end up resorting to the shop-bought stuff instead. That is… until I discovered Microwave Granola! This honestly has been a life-changer for me. Even on the busiest of mornings I can whip up a portion of granola for the kids in less than 5 minutes… amazing!
You can also use this method to make a double or triple batch of granola for the whole week. To make sure it stays nice and crunchy keep it in an airtight jar. The recipe is also fully customisable, depending what you like to put in your granola. But my only tip would be to add dried fruit at the end, otherwise it will burn!
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I love seeing all your pictures!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp water
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 5 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp nuts and seeds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Add the coconut oil, water, vanilla extract and honey to a mug or large cup. Microwave on high for 20 seconds until the oil has melted.
- Add the oats, nuts and seeds to the mug and stir well.
- Microwave on high for between 1.5 and 2 minutes in 30 second intervals, stirring well each time, until the oats start to brown.
- Transfer the granola onto a plate and spread out. This helps it to crisp up. Add the raisins.
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight jar for up to 5 days.