Get the kids involved in making their own meals with these super easy DIY Pitta or Naan Bread Veggie Pizzas!
Whilst we all know that getting kids involved in the kitchen is a great way to develop skills and help them to become more interested in the food they eat, the reality of letting them loose with the oven, stove, knives, etc can be pretty daunting! Lately my daughter has become a lot more interested in helping me out in the kitchen and so I have been trying to come up with child-friendly recipes that are quick and easy to make but also safe enough to let her get on with it herself.
These pizzas are a brilliant way to encourage a child’s interest in cooking in a really safe way. All you need are some mini pitta or naan breads, a sauce of some kind (I use pesto and tomato puree) and then lots of toppings.
To make this even more fun and safe for the kids, I pre-chop all the veggies and put them into silicone muffin cases and let the kids lose on making up their own pizza creations.
If you have any more ideas or recipes for getting young children involved in the kitchen please do let me know in the comments section.
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!
- Mini pitta or naan bread
- Tomato puree / tomato paste
- Any topping you like, including:
- grated cheese
- red onion
- grated carrot
- green, red and yellow peppers
- olives mushrooms
- Line a muffin tray with silicone muffin cases or paper cases. Fill the cases with the pesto, tomato puree, cheese and veggies.
- Place this tray onto the kitchen table or another surface, along with the pitta breads or naan breads and let the kids make their own pizzas.
- Bake the pizzas on a baking or pizza tray in a preheated oven (180c / 350f) for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before cutting and serving.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: