A recipe for homemade sausage rolls made super easy with my cheat’s shortcuts!
Sausage rolls always go down a treat at this time of year. Whether you have just a handful of guests popping in or you’re hosting a large festive party, sausage rolls are an absolute must in my opinion!
I love making sausage rolls from scratch but when I’m in a rush my Cheat’s Sausage Roll recipe is the perfect way to get homemade style sausage rolls in a jiffy. I use chipolata sausages instead of sausage meat to speed up the process and wrap them in strips of puff pastry making the prep time mere minutes!
For the recipe check out the video (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!) or a printable version of the recipe is available below too.
And if you try my recipe please come back and let me know what you think, I always love to hear your feedback. I’d also love to hear any shortcuts you have of your own!
- 12 pork chipolata sausages
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 390f. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut it into 12 equal strips. Wrap each strip of pastry around a chipolata, just even to cover the sausage and use a knife to cut away the excess pastry.
- Place each wrapped sausage on the baking trays and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked you can garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.