Delicious mini bites made with four simple ingredients, soft and chewy so perfect for baby led weaning and toddlers too.
I’ve been getting lots of requests lately for more baby led weaning recipes. I looked at the weaning section on my recipe page and realised that indeed that page was looking a little sparse so I’m going to make an effort to post more recipes suitable for babies… starting with these tasty little Apple & Banana Oat Bites!
I got the idea for this recipe from one of my existing recipes, these Banana Orange Oat Bites for toddlers. I wanted to make a similar recipe but even softer so that it would be suitable for even younger babies with no teeth. The quinoa keeps these little bites super soft and provides a powerhouse of nutrition with lots of protein, fibre and iron.
I mention in the recipe below that it’s important that the quinoa is completely dry. If there is any moisture in it this will affect the consistency of the bites and they may not hold together. Ideally use quinoa that has been cooked the day before and stored in the fridge overnight.
It is also important to let the bites cool completely before eating them or else they will fall apart. Don’t ignore these tips!!
If you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. And tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I really love seeing all your pictures of my recipes and your little ones enjoying them!
- 175g / 1.5 cups cooked quinoa (make sure it is completely dry)
- 40g / 0.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 medium banana
- 1 small apple
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the quinoa and oats to a large bowl.
- Mash the banana on a board and add this to the bowl, then grate in the apple.
- Mix all the ingredient together with a spoon before rolling into approximately 20 balls. Place them on the tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Allow to cool completely before eating. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
If you liked this recipe you might also like: