A tasty and healthy recipe for overnight oats with grated apple and almond butter!
There’s no hiding the fact that I am a massive overnight oats fan. I think this is now the fourth overnight oats recipe I’ve shared on the blog in less than a year, such is my adoration!
So why do I love them so much? First of all they are so quick and easy. Porridge can be a bit of a faff to make in the morning but with overnight oats you literally just throw all the ingredients together in a bowl, cover and leave overnight (or for a minimum of one hour). The next morning you can eat them straight from the bowl or transfer them to a jar or container and bring to school, work, gym and eat them on the go.
They also make a really well balanced breakfast, with just the right amount of slow releasing carbs and protein to help keep you full until lunchtime.
I have used apple and almond as the main flavors in this recipe but you can customize it in so many ways to make something that your own family will love. Cocoa and banana is another favorite in my house, along with vanilla and orange, yum!
This is also a great recipe to make in a big batch. It will keep well in the fridge for a couple of days, you may just need to add a little extra milk if it thickens up too much.
For more overnight oats recipes try these flavours:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1½ cup milk (dairy or non dairy)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 cup grated apple
- Add the oats, milk, yogurt and almond butter to a large bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Stir in the grated apple, cover the bowl with a lid or plastic film and place in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- If the overnight oats are a little too thick to eat, simply add some milk to loosen them up.
- The oats will keep covered in the fridge for two days.